"For fast-acting relief, try slowing down" - Lily Tomlin
I just recently read a blog post from a fellow Active Rain member, Richard Weisser, who was writing on "Stress". It was a fabulous post and it really got me thinking about the stress that goes on in the lives of Real Estate Professionals. Stress can really pound us having major affects on our well being that it's so important to keep it under control. It made me step back and take a real long hard look at the daily stresses that goes on in my life. Just over the last few days alone these are just a few of those defining, far from stress-free moments:
- Currently, a Short Sale Listing in Plantation FL has a Lender demanding a $25,000 promissory note. I've been going back and forth with Lender to get it reduced and to show a satisfaction of mortgage.
- Just a few days ago I found out that an approved Short Sale in Coral Springs FL is being delayed by the Buyer whose Lender isn't ready and it was supposed to close today. Seller packed and ready to move out today. Extension.
- Another Short Sale listing in Coral Springs FL has been approved yet because the Condo association is a mess, we're having a hard time in finding a Lender to lend to this A-rated Buyer. We finally did find a Lender who will assume the risk, yet the Seller's Lender wants to charge per diem late fees. Working with Seller's Lender management to release the per diem fees and award the two week needed extension to close.
- Had a scheduled Short Sale Listing closing today in Coral Springs that almost didn't happen as the Buyer's Lender was being difficult on how to note "Seller contributions" on the new HUD format effective Jan 2010 and didn't want to provide answers until at 5:00 we tracked down a closing underwriter who cared enough to make it happen; we closed, phew! But it was close. Why do I schedule closings on a Friday on the last day of the month? I know better.
- An approved Short Sale Seller Listing here in Coral Springs FL received a call from her Lender, Bank of America, to tell her that her home is going to be foreclosed on. "Wait", she said, "...we have an approved Short Sale that is scheduled to close in another week...what do you mean?..." Bank of America replied by saying that her Short Sale was canceled and their is no approved Short Sale. Talk about stress hitting my Seller. She later found out that Bank of America acknowledged the Short Sale approval and yes she has to close until March 12th.
- And you won't believe this.....in the midst of working on this post, on stress, my internet crashed and has been out for over a day...in the midst of receiving Final HUD's to approve for closings and receiving a Buyer's offer on a newer Short Sale Listing in Coral Springs. Can you believe it? I often tell others to try and relax and don't let the stress get to you....boy, was I being tested on my own advice.
During this time of major stresses going on in my daily life, I really did take a step back, took a deep breath and attempted to convince myself that everything will work out and I just gotta have a little faith. It worked because:
- I reduced the promissory note
- I got an extension
- Staying optimistic for per diem charges to be waived
- We did close on the "Seller contribution" closing today
- Short Sale approved and scheduled to close next week
- AT&T got my Internet up and working as I post here.
Ever have one of those days?!
The more you know, the better prepared, the better the outcome.
Whether you're Selling your home in Coral Springs or Buying your home in Coral Springs or other Southeast Florida cities from Boca Raton south to Miramar, I promise to be on your side working hard for you as your Coral Springs Realtor and South Florida Realor. Helping homeowners with Coral Springs Real Estate and the Real Estate in surrounding cities such as Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Parkland, Plantation, Pembroke Pines, Margate, Miramar, Tamarac and Sunrise in Broward county to the cities of Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach in Palm Beach county.
As your dedicated Coral Springs Realtor, Short Sale Specialist, Keller Williams South Florida Real Estate Agent, Coral Springs Short Sale Realtor, South Florida Short Sale Realtor and CDPE Certified Distressed Property Expert, I'm ready to work hard for you.
Real Estate Promises Delivered
I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon. Please call me at 954-464-1100 or email me at: lynnp@ImagineYourHouse and it would be my pleasure to help you!
Learn more about me and Coral Springs Real Estate as your Coral Springs Realtor and Coral Springs Short Sale Realtor
Copyright protected. Do Not Copy